On the 15 May 2020 a care home support package was announced by Government backed by a £600m infection control fund . The specified purpose of the grant is to provide support to adult social care providers, including those with whom the Council does not have a contract, to reduce the rate of COVID-19 transmission in and between care homes and support wider workforce resilience to enable improved infection control. Previous decisions Report Ref: OKD17 20/21 and Report ref: OKD23 20/21 dealt with these arrangements. A further sum of money under Infection Control Grant arrangements will be allocated to West Sussex County Council for distribution.
On 17th September 2020 the government announced a second support package for adult social care providers backed by a further £546m infection control fund. The West Sussex allocation of this money is £10.958m. The expectation from government is that 80% of the money is passported directly to registered care home providers and other CQC regulated community care providers. The remaining 20% is allocated to the care sector, to support COVID infection control measures, based on local discretion.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Divisions affected: (All Divisions);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 26/08/2020
Decision due: 27 October 2020 by Director of Law and Assurance
Lead member: Tony Kershaw, Director of Law and Assurance email@example.com
Lead director: Alan Adams
Contact: Juliette Garrett, Senior Commissioning Manager (Adults) Email: juliette.garrett@westsussex,gov.uk Tel: 033 022 223748.
Representations concerning this proposed decision can be made to the Interim Executive Director Adults and Health via the officer contact, by the beginning of the month in which the decision is due to be taken.
Cabinet Member for Adults and Health
Director of Law and Assurance
Director of Finance and Support Services
Democratic Services Contact: Erica Keegan Tel: 033 022 26050
West Sussex Plan Priority: Independence in Later Life