The County Council currently provides a service to support children, young people and adults affected by alcohol and other drug use, and their families and carers in West Sussex.
The service is an all age, county wide service working with people who misuse alcohol and drugs and provides:
- Harm reduction and needle syringe provision
- Engagement and early interventions
- Structured treatment including specialist prescribing
- Assessment for onward referral to detox and residential rehabilitation*
- Blood Borne Virus testing and vaccination
- Education, training and employment support
- Peer mentoring
- Support to families and carers
The current contract expires in May 2021, with an option to extend for a further two years. The Director for Public Health will be asked to approve an extension to the current contract to May 2023.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Divisions affected: (All Divisions);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 15/11/2019
Decision due: January 2020 by Director of Public Health
Lead member: Anna Raleigh, Director of Public Health email@example.com
Lead director: Director of Public Health
Contact: Moira Jones, Contract Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 033 022 28694.
Representations concerning this proposed decision can be made to the Director for Public Health, via the officer contact, by the beginning of the month in which the decision is due to be taken.
Democratic Services Contact: Erica Keegan 033 022 26050
West Sussex Plan Priority: A Strong Safe & Sustainable Place