Local Authorities are mandated to provide comprehensive sexual health services for the population, these include;
• a full range of contraceptive services and advice on preventing pregnancy
• sexually transmitted infections testing and treatment, including the provision of Chlamydia testing services for young people under the age of 25 years
• sexual health aspects of psychosexual counselling
• outreach, HIV prevention and sexual health promotion
• provision of services in schools and colleges
Following Cabinet Member (Adults and Health) agreement a joint procurement process will commence, with NHS England, to secure the provision of Integrated Sexual Health Services and HIV Treatment Services for the population of West Sussex. A new service will be effective from 1st February 2020.
The contract award and decisions about future extension of this contract will be delegated to the Director of Public Health in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Adults and Health.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Divisions affected: (All Divisions);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 15/01/2019
Decision due: May 2019 by Cabinet Member for Adults and Health
Lead member: Mrs Amanda Jupp firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Paul Woodcock, Sexual Health Commissioner Email: email@example.com Tel: 033 022 28701.
Initial Scrutiny and Consultation was undertaken via the Health and Adult Social Care Select Committee on 30th November 2018.
Representations concerning this proposed decision can be made to the Cabinet Member for Adults and Health via the officer contact by the beginning of the month in which the decision is due to be taken.
Democratic Services Contact: Erica Keegan Tel: 033 022 26050
West Sussex Plan Priority: A Strong, Safe and Sustainable Place