A new strategy for adult social care has been co-designed, with priorities developed from what people have told us is important to them. The strategy will:
• Reflect the voices of the people who access care and their carers, as well as staff, providers and partners.
• Set out the overarching priorities to support people accessing care and their carers in West Sussex over the next three years.
• Act as a framework to plan how the County Council will invest its adult social care budget going forward.
The strategy has been co-designed with County Council staff, customers, carers, providers and other partners, to ensure the voices of service users and carers are at the heart of the future of adult social care in West Sussex. The Cabinet will be asked to endorse the strategy at its meeting on 1 February 2022.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 division;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Divisions affected: (All Divisions);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 08/12/2021
Decision due: 1 February 2022 by Cabinet
Lead member: Councillor Duncan Crow email@example.com, Councillor Joy Dennis firstname.lastname@example.org, Councillor Jeremy Hunt email@example.com, Councillor Amanda Jupp firstname.lastname@example.org, Councillor Nigel Jupp email@example.com, Councillor Bob Lanzer firstname.lastname@example.org, Councillor Paul Marshall email@example.com, Councillor Jacquie Russell firstname.lastname@example.org, Councillor Deborah Urquhart email@example.com, Councillor Steve Waight firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Keith Hinkley, Director of Adults and Health Email: email@example.com Tel: 033 022 24751.
· Partner workshops based around social care customer groups – x 8
· Focus groups with local people and their carers – x 15
· 1-1 interviews with people accessing care and/or their carers – x 6
· Survey for individuals, organisations, and staff – with 1079 responses in total.
· A ‘Sounding Board’ with VCS partner organisations has been held throughout the co-design process.
· County Councillor engagement session – 20 December 2021.
People with existing care needs across a wide range of conditions and stages in their journey, self-funders and people without any current care needs were all involved.
Representations concerning this proposed decision can be made to the Cabinet, via the officer contact, by the beginning of the month in which the decision is due to be taken.
Democratic Services Contact: Erica Keegan Tel: 033 022 26050