The Executive Director for Adults and Health has approved:
(1) Lot 1 – Northern – FirstCol Services Limited
(2) Lot 2 – Southern – Independent Lives (Disability)
(3) Lot 3 – Western – Agincare UK Limited
2) the extension of existing contracts for up to 12 weeks to enable continuity of service should any of the Hospital Discharge Care services not mobilise and be fully operational on 6 April 2020. The existing contracts and current service providers are:
(1) Coastal Hospital Discharge Service – FirstCol Services Limited
(2) Provider of Last Resort – Sussex Community (NHS) Foundation Trust
(3) Home First Care Northern – Agincare UK Limited
(4) Home First Care Coastal – Agincare UK Limited
Update 14 February 2020: Following the approval and publication of this decision Agincare UK Limited withdrew their tender for Lot 3 – Western. The Council proceeded, with the agreement of the Director of Law and Assurance, under The Public Contract Regulation 2015 – Regulation 32. 2a where the Council may dispense with a Contract Notice and engage in negotiations with a single supplier under the negotiated procedure.
The award of the West Sussex County Council (WSCC) Hospital Discharge Care service contract for an initial period of three years for Lot 3 – Western was awarded to Independent Lives on 14 February 2020.