A Health and Adult Social Care Select Committee Task and Finish Group reviewing the level of funding for the Local Assistance Network as part of strategic budget options.
Draft Terms of Reference
A Task and Finish Group (TFG) made up
of members of the Health and Adult Social Care Select Committee
(HASC), to scrutinise the proposed
Cabinet Member for Adults and Health decisions regarding a review
of the level of funding provided by the County Council to the local
assistance network. The TFG will
undertake its work at a single meeting on 13 November, to enable it
to report its findings to the Cabinet Member for Adults and Health
before final decision early in December 2019.
2. The role of the TFG is to consider and form conclusions and recommendations on:
· Consideration of member discussions at HASC meeting on 27 September;
· The outcome of engagement with key stakeholders, including current providers, to the proposals;
What impact assessments has been undertaken and what conclusions
have been made from these assessments, including any identified
risks and potential financial impact on other County Council
Membership of the TFG
is drawn from Members of the Health and Adult Social Care Select
Committee, as follows:Mr Bryan Turner, Mr Kevin Boram, Mrs Anne
Jones, Mrs Ann Bridges, Mrs Pat Arculus, Dr James Walsh and Mrs
4. Support for the TFG is as follows:
· Service Lead officers: Catherine Galvin, Head of Commissioning, People’s Services, Sarah Farragher, Head of Adult Improvement, People’s Services, Chris Makin, Improvement Lead, People’s Services
Democratic Services officer
support: Helena Cox, Senior
Advisor and Rob Castle, Assistant Democratic Services
Key stakeholders will be informed of the
TFG’s work and where possible, be
given the opportunity to input (e.g. through attending the meeting
and/or providing written evidence).
These may include; current LAN providers.
6. The TFG will write to the Cabinet Member for Adults and Health with its conclusions and recommendations. This, along with any responses received, will be published on the WSCC web site and copied for information to all HASC members.
There was one meeting on 13 November 2019.
Support officer: Rob Castle on 033 022 22546. Email: email@example.com