A Health and Adult Social Care Select Committee Task and Finish Group reviewing the level of funding for the Local Assistance Network as part of strategic budget options.
Draft Terms of Reference
A Task and Finish Group (TFG) made up of members of the Health and
Adult Social Care Select Committee (HASC), to scrutinise the
proposed Cabinet Member for Adults and Health decisions regarding a
review of the level of funding provided by the County Council to
the local assistance network. The TFG will undertake its work at a
single meeting on 13 November, to enable it to report its findings
to the Cabinet Member for Adults and Health before final decision
early in December 2019.
2. The role of the TFG is to consider and form conclusions and recommendations on:
· Consideration of member discussions at HASC meeting on 27 September;
· The outcome of engagement with key stakeholders, including current providers, to the proposals;
What impact assessments has been undertaken and what conclusions
have been made from these assessments, including any identified
risks and potential financial impact on other County Council
Membership of the TFG is drawn from Members of the
Health and Adult Social Care Select Committee, as follows:Mr Bryan
Turner, Mr Kevin Boram, Mrs Anne Jones, Mrs Ann Bridges, Mrs Pat
Arculus, Dr James Walsh and Mrs Brenda Smith.
4. Support for the TFG is as follows:
· Service Lead officers: Catherine Galvin, Head of Commissioning, People’s Services, Sarah Farragher, Head of Adult Improvement, People’s Services, Chris Makin, Improvement Lead, People’s Services
Democratic Services officer
support: Helena Cox, Senior
Advisor and Rob Castle, Assistant Democratic Services
Key stakeholders will be informed of the
TFG’s work and where possible, be given the opportunity to
input (e.g. through attending the meeting and/or providing written
evidence). These may include; current
6. The TFG will write to the Cabinet Member for Adults and Health with its conclusions and recommendations. This, along with any responses received, will be published on the WSCC web site and copied for information to all HASC members.
There will be one meeting on 13 November 2019.
Support officer: Rob Castle on 033 022 22546. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org