To undertake a review of the approach to plan for changes to small schools and to enable the committee to fully scrutinise any proposals which arise.
Terms of Reference:
1. To meet up to three times and to report to a future meeting of the committee on the matter of the proposed review of small schools.
2. To maintain contact with the Cabinet Member and the Director of Education and Skills in relation to the work on any future proposals.
3. To consider and review the approach of the County Council to the selection of schools and identified options for future proposals in relation to potential changes of arrangements for small schools.
4. To receive and consider representations from relevant stakeholders.
5. To obtain and consider such additional evidence and advice as it may determine.
6. To make such recommendations as it considers appropriate arising from its deliberations.
The first meeting took place on 18 September 2019. Two further meetings were held in public on 24 October and 4 December 2019. Due to the public health emergency, a virtual meeting of the Task and Finish Group (TFG) without public access had been planned for 7 April 2020. However, under new temporary powers which allow local authorities to hold virtual meetings with audio-webcasts, the proposals due to have been considered by the TFG will now be put before the at 2.00 pm on 14 April 2020. This meeting will be webcast to enable the public to listen to the debate.
Support officer: Rachel Allan on 033 022 28966. Email: email@example.com