Public health emergency
In accordance with regulations in response to the current public health emergency the County Council will, until further notice, hold virtual committee meetings. Members will attend and participate remotely via conference calls and there will be press and public access via webcasting.
The agendas for these meetings will be published on the website and the meetings will be available to watch online via our webcasting website.
Please contact if any further information is required.
Pension Advisory Board
The role of the Pension Advisory Board is to help West Sussex County Council (WSCC), as West Sussex Pension Fund Scheme manager, ensure that the scheme complies with legislative requirements and any requirements of the Pensions Regulator. This includes the Code of Practice on the governance and administration of public service pension schemes issued by the Pensions Regulator.
The Pension Advisory Board is accountable to the Pensions Regulator, National Scheme Advisory Board (NSAB) and Scheme Manager. The NSAB will advise the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and WSCC.
The Pensions Regulator will report to the DCLG but will also be a point of escalation for whistle-blowing or similar issues (supplementary to WSCC's own whistle blowing policy and anti-fraud and corruption policy).
The principal functions of the Pension Advisory Board include:
• seeking assurance that due process is followed with regard to Pensions Committee decisions
• considering the integrity and soundness of Pensions Committee decision-making processes
• seeking assurance that administration performance is in compliance with the Administration Strategy
• considering the effectiveness of communication with employers and members, including the Communication Strategy
• considering and commenting on internal audit recommendations consideration of external auditor reports.
Any complaint or allegation of breach of due process brought to the attention of the Pension Advisory Board shall be dealt with in accordance with the Code of Practice as published by the Pensions Regulator.
Watch meetings online
You can watch meetings live online via our webcasting website. Our webcasts are also available to view in the webcast library for six years after the meeting (six months prior to May 2020).
Support officer: Adam Chisnall on 033 022 28314. Email: email@example.com