The role of the Pension Advisory Board is to help West Sussex County Council (WSCC), as West Sussex Pension Fund Scheme manager, ensure that the scheme complies with legislative requirements and any requirements of the Pensions Regulator. This includes the Code of Practice on the governance and administration of public service pension schemes issued by the Pensions Regulator.
The Pension Advisory Board is accountable to the Pensions Regulator, National Scheme Advisory Board (NSAB) and Scheme Manager. The NSAB will advise the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and WSCC.
The Pensions Regulator will report to the DCLG but will also be a point of escalation for whistle-blowing or similar issues (supplementary to WSCC's own whistle blowing policy and anti-fraud and corruption policy).
The principal functions of the Pension Advisory Board include:
• seeking assurance that due process is followed with regard to Pensions Panel decisions
• considering the integrity and soundness of Pensions Panel decision-making processes
• seeking assurance that administration performance is in compliance with the Administration Strategy
• considering the effectiveness of communication with employers and members, including the Communication Strategy
• considering and commenting on internal audit recommendations consideration of external auditor reports.
Any complaint or allegation of breach of due process brought to the attention of the Pension Advisory Board shall be dealt with in accordance with the Code of Practice as published by the Pensions Regulator.
Support officer: Adam Chisnall on 033 022 28314. Email: email@example.com