Public health emergency
In accordance with regulations in response to the current public health emergency the County Council will, until further notice, hold virtual committee meetings for essential business only. Members will attend and participate remotely via conference calls (audio only) and there will be press and public access via audio webcasting.
The agendas for these meetings will be published on the website and the meetings will be available to listen to online via our .
Please contact if any further information is required.
Environment and Communities Scrutiny Committee
The Environment and Communities Scrutiny Committee is responsible for the overview and scrutiny of:
· Coast and countryside (including rights of way) and environment - rural and urban, national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty
· Transport planning and highway services, public transport, aviation
· Land-use planning, minerals, waste (minimisation, management and planning)
· Community safety
· Trading standards
· Gypsies, Roma and travellers
· Police liaison
· Registration services
· Arts, heritage and archives
· Crime and disorder matters (as per the Police and Justice Act 2006)
· Drug and alcohol action
Listen to meetings online
You can listen to meetings live online via our webcasting website. Our webcasts are also available to view in the webcast library for six months after the meeting.
Get involved: Find out how you can suggest a topic for scrutiny.
The current committee was called the Environmental and Community Services Select Committee prior to December 2017 and the Environment, Communities and Fire Scrutiny Committee prior to February 2020.
Support officer: Sally Manning on 033 022 23883. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org