The Environment, Communities and Fire Select Committee is responsible for the overview and scrutiny of:
• Economic strategy
• Coast and countryside (including rights of way) and environment - rural and urban, national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty
• Transport planning and highway services, public transport, aviation
• Land-use planning, minerals, waste (minimisation, management and planning)
• Fire and rescue
• Community safety
• Trading standards
• Gypsies, Roma and travellers
• Emergency planning
• Police liaison
• Registration services
• Arts, heritage and archives
• Crime and disorder matters (as per the Police and Justice Act 2006)
• Drug and alcohol action
Watch meetings online
Some meetings are available to watch online. You can view live or recent meetings via our webcasts. These are audio and video transmissions which enable you to watch meetings live from the comfort of your own home over the internet.
Get involved: Find out how you can suggest a topic for scrutiny.
The current committee was called the Environmental and Community Services Select Committee prior to December 2017.
Support officer: Sally Manning on 033 022 23883. Email: email@example.com