The Environment and Communities Scrutiny Committee is responsible for the overview and scrutiny of:
· Economic strategy
· Coast and countryside (including rights of way) and environment - rural and urban, national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty
· Transport planning and highway services, public transport, aviation
· Land-use planning, minerals, waste (minimisation, management and planning)
· Community safety
· Trading standards
· Gypsies, Roma and travellers
· Police liaison
· Registration services
· Arts, heritage and archives
· Crime and disorder matters (as per the Police and Justice Act 2006)
· Drug and alcohol action
Watch meetings online
Most meetings are available to watch online. You can view live meetings via our webcasting website. Our webcasts are also available to view in the webcast library for six months after the meeting.
Get involved: Find out how you can suggest a topic for scrutiny.
The current committee was called the Environmental and Community Services Select Committee prior to December 2017 and the Environment, Communities and Fire Scrutiny Committee prior to February 2020.
Support officer: Sally Manning on 033 022 23883. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org