Decision Maker: Director of Highways, Transport and Planning
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Council has a statutory responsibilityas a Travel Concession Authority to administer a Concessionary Travel Scheme that provides free bus travel to eligible older and disabled persons.
The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA), which comprises 18 local authorities and four Local Enterprise Partnerships, has awarded Smartcard framework agreements following an extensive European procurement. The benefits include:
• Competitive dialogue has allowed WMCA to select the best service
• Local Authority partners don’t need to undertake their own procurement
• Economies of scale due to a shared service
• Option for a long-term arrangement
• Easy and cost-effective upgrade options built in
The Director of Highways, Transport & Planning has approved the decision to call-off from the WMCA Framework Agreement and award a contract to Euclid Ltd for the manufacture and provision of statutory older persons’ and disabled persons’ bus passes, starting from 1 April 2020 for a period of 3 years with the option to extend by up to two annual extensions, for a further 2 years (maximum duration 5 years).
Publication date: 27/02/2020
Date of decision: 27/02/2020
Effective from: 10/03/2020