Decision Maker: Director of Public Health
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The County Council currently provides a service to support children, young people and adults affected by alcohol and other drug use, and their families and carers in West Sussex.
The service is an all age, county wide service working with people who misuse alcohol and drugs and provides:
- Harm reduction and needle syringe provision
- Engagement and early interventions
- Structured treatment including specialist prescribing
- Assessment for onward referral to detox and residential rehabilitation*
- Blood Borne Virus testing and vaccination
- Education, training and employment support
- Peer mentoring
- Support to families and carers
The current contract expires in May 2021, with an option to extend for a further two years. The Director for Public Health will be asked to approve an extension to the current contract to May 2023.
The Director of Public Health approves the extension of the contract for a further two years from 10th May 2021 to 9th May 2023.
Publication date: 10/01/2020
Date of decision: 10/01/2020
Date comes into force if not called in: 22/01/2020
Call-in deadline date: 21/01/2020