Decision Maker: Director of Law and Assurance
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Community Initiative Fund is a County Local Committee (CLC) administered fund that provides assistance to local community projects.
The Director of Law and Assurance, in consultation with the Chairman of Worthing County Local Committee and the Chairman of the Performance and Finance Scrutiny Committee, has used his delegated powers under Standing Order 3.45 to decide the following CIF Application:
1) That the following Community Initiative Fund awards be made:
•523/W – The Daisy Chain Project, ‘COVID-19 resilience’, £750.00 –towards covering the cost of three civil court application fees.
• 554/W – Superstar Arts CIO, ‘Superstar Shop project’, £746.01 - towards purchasing craft materials for adults with learning disabilities to design and create handmade items.
2) That the following Community Initiative Fund applications be declined.
• 557/W – Worthing United Football Club, ‘New kit for u12s youth team’. Declined as Members are aware that there are many youth football teams across Worthing and CIF cannot support them all. Also the club does have funds that could support this cost.
West Sussex Crowd
• 528/W – East Worthing Food Bank, - towards purchasing a chest fridge and freezer plus leaflet publicity costs. Declined as although Members are very supportive of foodbanks, this application is outside what is now the national model and they would prefer support to be directed to supporting the official Worthing Foodbank.
• 558/W – Rude Fruit Ltd, ‘Beach, please!’, - towards installing 5-6 recycling bins along Worthing's Marine Parade promenade. Declined as recycling bins are the responsibility of Worthing Borough Council. The Committee fully support the initiative and have agreed to write to Worthing Borough Council asking for Recycling Bins to be provided along the whole of Worthing seafront.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 26/06/2020
Date of decision: 26/06/2020