Decision Maker: Director of Law and Assurance
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Community Initiative Fund is a County Local Committee (CLC) administered fund that provides assistance to local community projects.
The Director of Law and Assurance, in consultation with the Chairman of the Central and South Mid Sussex County Local Committee (CLC) and the Chairman of the Performance and Finance Scrutiny Committee, has used his delegated powers under Standing Order 3.45 to decide the following CIF Applications:
1. The following awards are made from the Central and South Mid Sussex CLC Community Initiative Fund:
West Sussex Crowd
· 562/CSMS – Haywards Heath Food Bank, ‘Haywards Heath COVID-19 mutual aid’, £750 towards the re-opened food bank's running costs.
· 520/CSMS – Neighbourly Care in Hassocks, Burgess Hill and District, ‘New website’, £750.00 towards the cost of web development and replacing its previous decade-old website.
2. That the following Community Initiative Fund application to the West Sussex Crowd be declined.
· 561/CSMS - Mid Sussex Islamic Centre & Masjid, ‘Emergency Burial Fund’, funding towards supporting burial/funeral arrangements to families of COVID-19 victims in the Muslim community. A decline as the funding criteria states that religious organisations will only be granted funding where it can be demonstrated that the funding benefits the wider community.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 26/06/2020
Date of decision: 26/06/2020