Decision Maker: Director of Law and Assurance
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Community Initiative Fund is a County Local Committee (CLC) administered fund that provides assistance to local community projects.
The Director of Law and Assurance, in consultation with the Chairman of South Chichester County Local Committee and the Chairman of the Performance and Finance Scrutiny Committee, has used his delegated powers under Standing Order 3.45 to decide the following CIF Applications:
1. The following awards are made from the South Chichester CLC Community Initiative Fund:
West Sussex Crowd
· 514/SC – The Academy of Gym, ‘Please help mat our gymnastics club!’, up to £950 towards purchasing and fitting extra safety matting to help widen the club’s member participation.
· 545/SC – Parents and carers Support organisation, ‘Fun for children with disabilities’, up to £750 towards playteam staff salary and resources to deliver a four-week virtual playscheme.
· 571/SC – My Sisters’ House Women’s Centre, ‘Drop-in for help, support & safety’, up to £950 towards the cost of employing an extra complex needs worker for a 9-month period.
· 517/SC – Selsey Community Forum, ‘Stroke Club’, £600 for venue hire to hold 12 annual sessions for pilot ‘Stroke Club’.
· 542/SC – Bognor and Chichester Voice Self-Advocacy Group, ‘Enabling virtual meetings’, £300.00 for purchasing 10 tablets for members use enabling virtual group meetings. This award is subject to JWAAC also granting £300 to ensure the overall project cost of £600 is awarded.
2. The following applications are declined,and no award is made from the South Chichester CLC Community Initiative Fund:
· 559/SC – BrightRide, ‘Cycling without age Chichester’, towards purchasing a trishaw bicycle to transport two elderly/isolated passengers at a time. Declined because there is limited information on the applicant and how operation of the scheme would be sustained.
· 566/SC – Ceol Song Music CIC, ‘Music for Wellbeing in Chichester Schools’, for venue hire and delivering music-making workshops at two local schools. Declined because previously South Chichester CLC have declined allocating funds to school related activities as they can be supported by schools if they so choose.
· 569/SC – Pawa Resident Community Forum (PAREC-FORUM), ‘Multi-language hotline and remote support’, for training and meals delivery to vulnerable people. Declined as this could be better supported by other established groups.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 19/06/2020
Date of decision: 19/06/2020