Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report seeks Cabinet endorsement of arrangements for the delivery of the Horsham Enterprise Park scheme on land owned by the County Council. The arrangements will include establishing a Development Agreement through the procurement of a development partner, who would carry out commercial and residential development in accordance with the approved outline planning permission for the site; and to fund and carry out enabling works to aid the de-risking of the site.
The main objectives to be achieved are to develop an enterprise park that will retain and promote high-value employment in Horsham and the county; and to generate a financial return on the Council’s investment.
Following consideration of the report, Cabinet resolved:
1. To confirm the proposal to deliver the Horsham Enterprise Park Scheme through a ‘development agreement’.
2. To authorise the Director of Property and Assets to procure a development partner through an OJEU procurement process using the competitive procedure with negotiation (CPN), and to procure the work packages for enabling works through a non-OJEU procurement process.
3. To delegate authority to the Executive Director of Place Services to award the contract to the bidder submitting the most advantageous tender to deliver the Horsham Enterprise Park scheme consistent with the outline planning permission to finalise negotiations on the contractual development agreement, and to award the contract or contracts for enabling works.
4. To authorise the use of £4.157m from the Horsham Enterprise Park capital programme allocation for site enabling works and infrastructure upgrades, professional services, internal project and contract management, and statutory approvals to be undertaken through existing contractual arrangements or framework agreements.
5. To delegate authority to the Director of Property and Assets, in consultation with the Director of Highways and Transport, to consider and pursue options to enable and fund improvements to the junction of Wimblehurst Road and Parsonage Road, Horsham (adjacent to the site), and to sign a funding agreement if successful, subject to County Council governance.
The call-in deadline is 27 February 2020.
Report author: Carolyn Carr
Publication date: 18/02/2020
Date of decision: 18/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 18/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 28/02/2020