Decision Maker: County Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
99.1 The Council considered minor changes to Council procedures, Pensions delegations, authority to affect constitutional changes arising from withdrawal from the EU and the establishment of a Joint Committee for work on recycling projects, in the light of a report from the Governance Committee (pages 59 to 68).
99.2 In relation to the changes to the Pensions Panel terms of reference set out in Appendix 2 to the report, the Chairman informed members that following further advice from the Director of Finance and Support Services, in paragraph (3) that the words after the word ‘strategy’ should be deleted as they were superfluous.
99.3 Resolved –
(1) That the proposed minor changes to Council procedures set out above and in Appendix 1 to the report be agreed;
(2) That the changes to Part 3 of the Constitution, as set out at Appendix 2 to the report, subject to the further amendment set out in minute 99.2, be approved;
(3) That paragraph 12 be deleted from the Performance and Finance Scrutiny Committee’s terms of reference;
(4) That delegation of authority to the Director of Law and Assurance to make any changes to the Council’s Constitution, policies and guidance documents to reflect changes in legislation arising from the UK’s withdrawal from the EU and to agree and settle changes to any other affected legal instrument or agreement to which the County Council is or will become a party be confirmed;
(5) That the constitution and terms of reference for a joint executive committee between the County Council and one or more district and borough councils for use in connection with inter-authority partnership work on recycling projects, as set out at Appendix 3 to the report, be approved; and
(6) That should any minor amendments be required following consultation with Mid Sussex District Council, the Director of Law and Assurance be authorised to make the changes in consultation with the Chairman.
Publication date: 28/02/2020
Date of decision: 14/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 14/02/2020 - County Council